POSITION: Bus Driver
DATE OF VACANCY: IMMEDIATELY
SEND LETTER OF INTEREST TO: Greg Griffith – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have or willing to obtain a Valid Indiana Commercial Drivers License with School Bus Certification.
- Must pass physical examination under requirements of IC 20-9-1, and to include passing drug screening and extensive criminal background.
- Complete 32 hours of training with the driver trainer.
- Attend the state sponsored 3 day safety meeting.
- Proven ability to operate all equipment on bus.
- Read and interpret materials, such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Successful interview with Administrative Supervisor and/or Building Administrator
- Operate Class B motor vehicle
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection of vehicle prior to each trip.
- Maintain adequate fuel.
- Report defects and malfunctions IAW established procedures.
- Maintain clean bus exterior; maintain bus in condition that will pass state police inspection at all times.
- Operate bus in accordance with established federal, state and local procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and procedures relative to the operation and use of school bus.
- Must maintain safety, order and discipline aboard bus.
- Complete required reports.
- Operate 2-way radio in accordance with federal, local and state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor and/or Assistant Transportation Supervisor.